Mulch is a great landscaping option because it not only looks great, but it can also help improve the health of your plants and soil. Here are just a few of the many benefits mulch can bring to your landscaping design.
Improves Soil Moisture
- Reduces evaporation so you can water less frequently
- Less drought stress yields healthier, more resilient plants
Adds Aesthetic Appeal
- Colored mulch adds a pop of color to your landscaping design
- Uniform mulch beds look cleaner and more attractive
- Stops weed seeds from germinating by blocking sunlight
- Decaying organic mulch can also inhibit germination of weed seeds
- Protects soil from wind, water and vehicle-induced erosion
- Limits soil compaction by reducing physical impact on soil beds
Moderates Soil Temperature
- Prevents soil from getting too hot during summer months
- Protects sensitive root structures and gives you more planting options
Increases Soil Nutrition
- Decomposing organic mulch releases nutrients into the soil
- Creates better environment for healthy plant growth
Reduces Plant Disease
- Physically reduces splashing of rain droplets that can carry harmful spores
- Encourages growth of benecial microbes to reduce dangerous pathogens
Click the button below to download the complete infographic.
For premium Amerimulch colorant and mulch coloring equipment, visit ChromaScape.com today.