In order to keep the finished product up to your standards there are a few things you should verify. Take a moment to consider the following steps. Monitoring these points should help simplify the optimization of your coloring process.
Colorant Application Rates
- Verify your colorant application rates are still in place
- Check if your production rate has changed (production rate directly affects per-yard application rate)
- Check your hoses for wear or cracks
Water Use Rates - Water is the driver of coverage
- Too much water can lead to longer drying or curing time which could lead to "spring wash"
- Be sure to check if the correct amount of water is being used
- Confirm your raw material didn't change in size or shade
- Finished product shade is directly related to raw material shade
- Higher percentage of fines can affect water use rates and amount of colorant needed
Like what you see? Download the How to Optimize Your Coloring Process Infographic